Sunday, April 2, 2017

Super Seven's Statistics

For the last 2 weeks we have been doing Statistics in maths.  We found out that statistics is about collecting and interpreting data and making it into a graph.  We began with a picto graph when we used statistics to find out about how we all came to school during our study on Road safety.

We wrote statements to show our understanding.  You can read all about it on our wall in the classroom.
After that we worked in groups and chose our own questions to inquire about. We asked our peers a choice of answers and used tally marks to collate the data.  We then made a bar graph to display our findings and shared them with the class.







         We have had so much fun with our statistics that it has even been happening at home.

On Saturday I went to my friend Pipi’s house.  Then my friend Ngaio came too and we went to the burger shop.  There was a bunny bouncy castle.  Then it was lunch time and we had fish and chips and burgers.  After that I went to my Grandmas house for a sleep over.  I drew a picture and I did statistics with her.  The options were flies, cupcakes, muffins, McDonalds and fish and chips.  I asked some of my toys and three of my bouncy frogs liked flies; the rest of them liked cup cakes.  Then it was bed time.  In the morning I had nutri- grain and I drew a picture.  It was time to go home and I had a water fight with my sister.  It was a fun weekend.

Rex


No comments:

Post a Comment